Thursday, February 25, 2010

Orchids make me smile

************************
Sunrise is quite pretty when the day is expected to be nasty. This was taken a couple of days ago, when our last bout of 'precipitation' was forecast. There have been alot....

The cold and wind outside has me reading more, and cleaning more. I also enjoy my orchids when the weather is so awful outside, these sunny dancing ladies always make me smile.









This bromeliad used to grace my front porch in the Florida Keys. I brought it north with me, and it never has bloomed once in the four+ years we have been here...until now !




Evidently I have found the right light and the right company for this guy.He likes the dancing ladies and he loves the sun...

I have been anxious... for my sister-in-law and her surgery and for my brother Clay and his surgery, which they both came through quite well; anxious with the weather,which is holding up the re-planting of the trees they cut down, and concerned about the land that the company hasn't been able to be back to repair ; anxious with the work situation for my husband (or lack there-of); distraught with Bobs work truck needing such costly repairs; worried, because he has a bad tooth and we can't afford the money to fix it ; stressed with my Mother and all that goes with caring for her on a daily basis...tie in the mini horse that keeps escaping, and the cold that keeps us from being able to re-fence the area properly..
etc.
etc.
etc.
I have been trying to keep positive..Spring is coming, Spring is coming..
And I know it is, I know also that things could be so much worse,
but I am a worrier, and a doer, and when I can't 'do', its not good...I worry.
So for my friends and my dogs and my orchids that keep me smiling,Thank you...
Better blogs to follow...IN THE SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiling..............................

******************************************

6 comments:

Becky Mushko said...

Hang in there! Like the flowers, you'll bloom where you are planted.

Clementine said...

Your flowers are so gorgeous. It has been a long winter, but Spring IS coming. Missing you!

Claudia Condiff said...

Thanks Becky and Amy...
this seems like the longest winter!
Miss you both..

the brother said...

Thank you for the pleasant interlude reading your blog always provides. As a fellow worrier, I need to periodically visit. The beautiful photos and your easy way with words melt away the miles that separate us. COME ON SPRING!!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Claudia, everyone is in the same boat. I keep on telling my girlfriend, don't worry, spring is coming, spring is coming. Then we get a heavy snow! She doesn't believe me anymore! Ha ha. But it is. We have to hang on. And if those gorgeous flowers aren't enough to make you believe, I don't know what is.

Claudia Condiff said...

Thanks Deb, so proud of your accomplishment...you go girl! And my brother, can't wait til you move closer, look forward to doing things with you...stay well,Love ya..
the sister

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.