Thursday, November 5, 2009

Florida

Florida
I am here.
I can tell by the palm trees and the bougainvilla, and the golfcarts zipping by my friends place.
The people are grey haired and all dressed in shorts and sandals.
It's 82 and sunny with a light wind.
Yesterday I watched a chamelion skitter past me on the pool deck. The birds make Florida noises. I had forgotten all the little things about here that I loved. Went to Celebration for sushi last night.
Sat and watched kids playing in a water fountain that explodes from the flat concrete disk in synchopated time. I laughed til I cried.
Florida. I missed this.
......
Off to the pool !
Hugs, Claudia

3 comments:

Clementine said...

I hope it won't make you wish you were back! Enjoy the pool, but know that you're loved here too!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I am always surprised when I go back to New Jersey because of all the things I miss and didn't realize it.

I wouldn't rule out Florida.

claudia said...

Amy, thank you so much for the kind words!!
Deb,I know about going back home and the things you miss, but I do realize that if I had to live with those things 24/7, I would find the things I didn't like would overrule the good...a week was heaven, but it was time to come home...

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.