Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hope Springs

********************************************************
It's February. I still think Yankee. February is the worst in the Northeast. Thats when I would have cabin fever, and need light therapy and HAVE to go to the Garden Show in Boston.( I think that was actually in March, it's been so long.) I would always plan a vacation in February to anywhere warm. But here in S.W. Virginia, spring starts to bloom in February.

My daffodils are starting to look really promising. The problem this year will be how to keep Penny from ruining them. She knows no boundaries, and anything on the ground is fair game for her to chew, and chew things she does!

Today I noticed the first bloom, a crocus. I am very excited! I also realize that Spring is coming quickly and my gardens are still filled with last years debris. When I get some time(??????) I have to get out there and weed and rake.

At least the hope of a lovely garden is in my reach now, but truth is, if Penny has her way, the garden will be a burial ground for bones and a dropping ground for late night poop's, when it's too scary to go far from the porch alone! Belle is very well behaved, she respects gardens. I think I have my work cut out for me with Penny.
But, hope springs eternal!
***********************************************


2 comments:

Becky Mushko said...

My crocuses (croci?) are only half way up. Spring must come sooner a mile west of me.

Anonymous said...

I think I am yonder and in a holler...top of the hill from here its windier and colder...yonder and hollers are good!

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.