Thursday, July 24, 2008

hummer update

The hummer went for a ride in a box in the back of my Hummer.




Thanks to all for their help in finding an answer to my dilemna!

Debi let me know about a lady named Natasha, a bird rescue lady, who called me right back with the number for the Blue Ridge Animal Hospital on route 122 in Bedford, which is located right before the road where my kids are now living. Quite convenient!

A lady there named Gwen Johnson, took the little guy and said that hummingbirds adapt well in captivity (who knew?). She said I did the right thing, putting him in the box with a feeder and a branch to perch. She also said that when an animal mends they like to release them back to the same location that they were found! My husband was delighted, and said to be sure and say we would go back and get him and take him back 'home'. Gotta love my guy!

A girl with a flying squirrel that had an encounter with one of her cats came in as I was finishing up the paperwork necessary to leave my tiny ward. I hope both bird and squirrel are doing well.
It is also nice to know that there are people out there who care enough about wildlife to give their time and knowledge to help critters...
Kudo's to the animal saviours...

1 comment:

Clementine said...

I'm so glad this story has a happy ending! You're special too Miss Claudia - most people wouldn't bother to help.

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.