Monday, July 21, 2008

Home alone






My company has gone home.

I find myself a little dazed.

I was getting used to the routine of a child waking and scurrying directly to the tv, like a moth drawn to a flame. The blare of loud cartoons had replaced my 'Good Morning America'. My brother and his wife are cheerful in the morning and we had our coffee on the porch watching the hummingbirds and the array of blooming flowers and weeds my neice called 'A Natural Garden'.(bless her!)

Somehow it was okay to set aside the daily grind, like bills and household chores, with company being here. Now I am back to the peace and quiet, and I find it strangely unsettling.

Odd creatures we humans are!

The cats are sprawled across the bed in the guest room. They are happy to have their napping quarters back.

I am taking care of my neighbors place while they are still camping, and I decided to keep their elderly Pomeranian here in the air conditioning since its so hot and she's so furry. That displeases Iris, my one-eyed cat, because her favorite spot is in the back room where 'Tay' stays.

I ran the dogs on a short jaunt this morning before the worst heat set in. They collapsed in the air conditioning afterwards, and are still comatose. Penny, the puppy, is growing faster than I can document with photos. She and Belle needed their 'tick and flea juice', so I had to pick her up and hold her on the scale to check her weight. She weighs 22 lbs. Last vet visit she was 19 lbs. She's not even 4 months old yet!
I have the laundry almost done, the bills sorted and I am off to WestLake for a dentist appointment and some grocery shopping. My overdue mamogram is scheduled and the routine colonoscopy is set for August 5th.

Now all I need is a lube job, a front end alignment and a new rear end...no wait...thats the truck..

2 comments:

Clementine said...

No, You need some CHOCOLATE! Put your feet up and eat something fattening. I hate rear end check ups. Chocolate is much more fun!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

That was funny how you ended that.

My company just left too and I am also dazed. Whew. This running around stuff is not for me anymore. I'm not getting my back end checked but I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. Which is worse?

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.