Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dam fun

****************************

The dams' in the creek that were built when Adam and his Mom and Dad visited are holding nicely, even through all the rain we've had. This one below Adam built himself. Nice job, Bud !
The dogs have a deep pool for cooling off thanks to his hard work...




The one that we all built collectively is also holding...

Jiggs loves to run with a toy in his mouth. This particular time it was the stuffed squirrel, and that seems to be a sore topic with Belle. She lives to chase down the elusive squirrel, and Jiggs running with one in his mouth was too much. A 'tug-of-squirrel' ensued. Penny backed off when the growling began...

My brother Clay and I have been running the dogs every day, and most days twice. We have seen a few turtles, and that makes me happy. I was sure the logging killed them all, but not so.

Notice the abandoned squirrel on the front of Clay's machine. The dogs must have been distracted by the real deal...


We have been having dinners with Clay and Jan at their house, or having them here. The trade off is fun, and a nice break for each of us as no one has all the work. Today we did breakfast, and they did dinner. Lunch was at the river, actually in the river on the 4-wheelers. We met the neighbors down there and had a nice visit. A snake showed up, a Northern Water snake ...according to Clay...and it was amazing how fast Melissa, her neice Jenn and son Logan and Samantha all piled into the Rhino ! Troy held his ground, but only because he had to seem macho with me, Clay and Bob all being interested in the snake and not afraid. Melissa said if we were not there he would have been standing on the seat!!!
Another nice day with family...

***********************************************************






1 comment:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Interesting that the city slickers were not scared of the snake! I had a little run-in yesterday with what I think was a copperhead. I had to remove him from my barn but I didn't want to kill him because, number one, I couldn't, and number two, it was possible it was a corn snake and I wouldn't want anything to die unnecessarily. Your neighbors would have freaked if they saw me scooping it up with the pitchfork and tossing it out of the barn, it trying to slither back, me running out and scooping it up and tossing it again, and on and on until I got it way out in the field. Where it almost landed on Lovely the barn cat...

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.