Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Goodbye Penny

These are my last photos with Penny, our beautiful Australian Shepherd. She was a special girl.











It's almost April. I have been to Myrtle Beach with Bob in February and Florida this past week. I stayed with my cousins in their condo in Gulfport. They have a little dog named Abby, who is 10 years old, the same age as Penny when I had to make the decision to keep her going on needles and  pills and things she hated or let her be free of pain. She hated all the pills to the point of hiding from us. I truly knew she was unhappy, in pain and sick, but she rallied again and again throughout the 2 years she was sick...for me.In the first part of November I said goodbye. I am finally able to write it all down.
 Penny is buried out under the magnolia and peach trees with her dog sister Belle, and our last 6 rescue cats. Each passing of a pet is traumatic for us, but Penny was the hardest for me. Maybe it was because she was our last. Like the last child that leaves home. I hope she's running and jumping with Belle and all my beautiful animals that have enriched my life and left me with an aching heart.
 Goodbye sweet Penny.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Beautiful story about Penny

Love, Brad

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.