Sunday, March 30, 2008

Five with hooves.

Welcome to Union Hall Virginia.
No voodoo here!Two are miniatures.Skye is my paint and Akila is the solid black.The large gelding is Rebel.Akila is sure he is her stud,and Skye being a baby only cares about grass and cookies.Akila keeps her on the far side, just incase.

There are two more minis,a sorrel paint gelding named Endeavour and a sorrel stallion named Red.They are best buddies and for obvious reasons, they are kept apart from the girls.I have tryed allowing Endeavour to graze with the girls, but Red works himself into such a sweat-soaked trembling mess when seperated from him it isn't worth the effort.To cut or not to cut is the question pending for Red.My husband opts for the 'not to'.Its a man thing.I argue the grass and fence saving part of 'to cut'.Red is still a stud, but has never been 'proven'.Sometimes I think that Endeavour would do anything to get him off his back! Literally!

2 comments:

Becky Mushko said...

The minis are adorable!

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

I have a mini also. Minnie. What is Rebel? I have Quarter Horses. We barrel race.

Where did you move from Claudia? I'm from Jersey.

About Me

My photo
union hall, S.W.Virginia, United States
Newly retired from Franklin County Public Schools.Prior to that I was a cosmetologist for several years.